Letter of Agreement
I’m glad you’ve decided to get organized with The Container Store’s Contained Home program and Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors! Prior to our first appointment, please review the following terms of service. I will bring a copy for you to sign at our first appointment.
RATES & PAYMENT
Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors provides organizational services through Contained Home at the rate of $75 per hour. Payment shall be made by credit card or check directly to The Container Store at the end of each session.
- Travel: Travel within 25 miles of The Container Store’s Overland Park location is complimentary. Travel beyond 25 miles is billed at $3 per mile.
- Shopping/Products: Client is responsible for the cost of any organizing products (shelving, filing supplies, containers, etc.). Client approval and payment for products must be arranged prior to purchase. There is no fee for shopping time.
- Donations: Client will make final decision on items to keep, sell, donate, or discard. Upon request, any appropriate unwanted items will be donated to the local non-profit of your choice. Donation receipts will be provided for tax purposes.
- Debris Removal: Large-scale debris removal may incur an additional fee.
- Sensitive Materials: Prior to each session, please remove sensitive materials from the room or area to be organized. If there are areas you prefer not to organize, please inform Organizer prior to the start of the session. Please remove highly breakable or sentimental items from area to be organized.
- Firearms: Prior to each session, please inform Organizer of any firearms or other weapons in the home or office. Firearms must be removed from the immediate space being organized.
- Document retention: Organizer will recommend retention or disposal of paperwork, but all final decisions regarding legal, financial, and/or accounting documents should be made by your personal CPA, attorney, or financial advisor. Client will approve all documents to be disposed of.
It is requested that Client notify Organizer to cancel or reschedule appointment at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance. Cancellations and rescheduled appointments with less than forty-eight hours notice will incur a $100 fee (with the exception of emergencies, illness, or inclement weather).
Client has the right to terminate services at any time. If Client elects to terminate engagement, Client remains responsible for any fees incurred prior to termination. Organizer has the same right regarding termination, subject to reasonable notice allowing Client to arrange alternative services.
As a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, Organizer follows its Code of Ethics which calls for high standards of confidentiality and integrity. Clients can be assured of absolute privacy when working with Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors. All matters are kept confidential and will not be shared without consent.
PHOTO WAIVER & RELEASE
Client authorizes Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors to photograph, audio record, and video record before, during, and after completion of organizing projects.
Client authorizes Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors and The Container Store to use Client photographs and recordings in any manner to be determined in Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors’ and The Container Store’s sole discretion, including but not limited to web pages, social media pages, and in other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, in any media now or hereafter known. Client agrees to the terms dictated by The Container Store, found here: www.containerstore.com/medialibrary/pdf/TCSterms.pdf.
Client shall indemnify and hold Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors and the Organizer harmless against any loss or damage to persons or property as a result of performance under this agreement and/or caused by the negligence or carelessness of Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors and/or Organizer. Client agrees to have a homeowner or renter insurance policy in place prior to any service rendered by Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors. Said insurance policy will be the primary policy for any personal injury or property damage claim. Client agrees to waive subrogation against Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors’ or Organizer’s policy for any claims paid by said insurance policies.
This document will serve as the standard engagement letter of agreement between Client and Lauren Weldon Organized Interiors. Your signature confirms your understanding of the basis upon which Organizer will provide organizational services. Client may contact The Container Store directly if the terms of this agreement are not accepted.